Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pez Outlaw, McHookers #Netflix #Prime

The Pez Outlaw Movie is on Netflix & Amazon Prime.


So here's the dilemma, I asked a mixed crowd. Hookers Buy Me A Truck, Trucks n Hookers or Hookers n Trucks?
Well that bought me the silent treatment from Kathy.
She Gone.
Moriah my daughter came over n her answer was very matter of fact as I would expect.
Dad, you always lead with Hookers.
I mean, Thank you, Finally.
Was that, so hard.
Sheeese. 


Buy me a Truck. The Raba PEZ Trucks


Raba PEZ Trucks are named after the Raba Hotel in Gyor Hungary that every one now in  US collections transition trough on there journey to the USA n you.

$    15.00      Raba Trucks Cab # 1 thru 16 Pink cab Black stem Hungarian production
$    25.00      Raba Trucks Cab # 1 thru 16 Yellow cab Black stem Hungarian production
$    35.00      Raba Trucks Cab # 1 thru 16 Orange cab Black stem Hungarian production  


Pez Outlaw - SJ Glew, The biggest Pez Dealer in the world for 5 years in the 1990s. Spent more than 2 million dollars buying over 2 million Pez dispensers. Made over 70 trips to Europe buying Pez, paying bribes and smuggling Pez dispensers. Pez Outlaw had a very big impact on an entire line of Pez Corporate product causing the Pez Color War.  Over 20 Pez Dispensers were produced in direct result of Pez Outlaw activities by Pez Corporation. Distribution procedures in place for decades were altered because of Pez Outlaw Activities. Author of Pez Outlaw Diary. pezoutlaw.com

This pez trip was very early on in my trips to Europe buying pez.
This trip was also my first solo trip without Josh.
Probably my 3rd or 4th trip to Europe out of over 70.
All told Josh probably came to Europe with me buying Pez 4 to 5 times + 1 solo trip of his own.
Josh was in college at the time, I needed to quit leaning on him n start doing this on my own.

This trip was intended to be a quick trip of just a few days. In n out just to get more truck pez dispensers. As I said they sold out in just a few days, which shocked me. The rest of the pez dispensers I bought on my first meet with Gunther were hard to find but I had had them before from Canada. The pez trucks though were unknown at the time as they were exclusive to Hungary. They had been created at Pez Gyoroplaste when the old C class pez truck molds had been reused to start up the factory.

The Truck Pez dispensers. Movable wheels C class. These pez trucks were made when Pez Gyoroplaste was first opened. Old C class pez truck molds were brought in along with some other old pez molds for the start up of this pez injection molding facility. Pez Pal Boy n  Pez Pal Girl were among other old pez molds used in those early days. This product was manufactured for distribution in the old Eastern block & Russia. Because the pez truck mold was old & a bit worn, somebody had the genius idea to glue the wheels in place so they would not fall out. Luckily only about 1/3 of the truck Pez dispensers were glued.

Black Trailer Orange Cabs C class Pez dispensers. Approximately 3 to 400 brought to US by me.

Black Trailer Yellow Cabs C class Pez dispensers. Approximately 4 to 800 brought to US by me.

Black Trailer Pink Cabs C class Pez dispensers. Approximately 2,000 to 3,000 brought to US by me.


Pez Outlaw - SJ Glew, The biggest Pez Dealer in the world for 5 years in the 1990s. Spent more than 2 million dollars buying over 2 million Pez dispensers. Made over 70 trips to Europe buying Pez, paying bribes and smuggling Pez dispensers. Pez Outlaw had a very big impact on an entire line of Pez Corporate product causing the Pez Color War.  Over 20 Pez Dispensers were produced in direct result of Pez Outlaw activities by Pez Corporation. Distribution procedures in place for decades were altered because of Pez Outlaw Activities. Author of Pez Outlaw Diary. pezoutlaw.com
Pink Raba Trucks
just noticed "raba trucks" used as search term last hour. suppose that's a pretty good name for them. gonna use it. Raba Trucks are named after the Raba Hotel in Gyor Hungary that every one now in  US collections transition trough on there journey to the USA n you.
So I flew in n out of the Budapest airport. On this trip Gunther sold me appox 3,000 of the C class truck Pez dispensers. Orange, yellow n pink cabs with black stem Pez dispensers. Man was this exciting, early days, a really rare Pez dispenser n they sold very fast. This was also the first time I stayed at the Raba. something Scott McWhinnie would have killed to know.  I kept the Raba Hotel a closely guarded secret until well after my trips to Europe buying pez had ended.

 I bagged the truck Pez dispensers, checked out of the hotel n drove from Gyor to the Budapest Airport. Turned my car in n went to the gate to check my bags. This is where things went horribly wrong. 

This is where I credit determination as what saved the day. That n I have never yielded in the face of authority. You say I must, my first response is always, no I don't think I will. I will find a way. A lot of people have tried to break me in this life or tried to tell me who's boss, it never works. I will eat dirt first.

At check in Budapest airport I was greeted by a cold war throwback customs inspector. He wanted to see my bill of sale, though what I realized the next day was he really wanted a bribe. Problem was I never got a bill of sale from Gunther, again that whole gray area of business thingy. Boris says to me after a long conversation, " well just check in take your flight n your bags will follow later". Yeah right Boris I don't think so. Delta offered to rebook me tomorrow same time no extra cost. Great, got my car back, took my bags n drove back to the pez yellow house. Luckily Gunther was in Austria so I was able to talk an underling into writing me up a bill of sale for the Pez dispensers.

Not wanting to fool around with the hotel for just one night. Cost of room plus tips to get the duffel bags up n down from the room. I decided to just spend the night in the McDonals parking lot, as I had noticed earlier that truckers used it. What I had not realized was that a lively trade went on all night also by prostitutes. I'm all for free enterprise but early in the morning a group of them n there pimp woke me up. Business for the night had died down n I think it was time for another type of business. Doors locked I was out of there n at the airport in record time to spend the rest of the night.

Next morning at check in n no Boris. I mean no customs guy at all. There I stood with a difficultly acquired bill of sale n nobody wanted to see it. I showed it to Delta n they could have cared less. On my way to the gate I spotted ole Boris watching me from around a corner wishing for the good old days. Boris, pimps, prostitutes n Mickey Ds. Just a quick trip in n out that I would never forget.

I never flew through Budapest airport again. My business had a steep learning curve, learn it n don't repeat it.


Hookers



Prostitutes. Being from the Midwest, until I started traveling in the old Eastern block countries buying Pez dispensers. I had no experience with Prostitutes, let alone aggressive ones. My first exposure to this was Josh n my first trip into Hungary. At that time approximately 1994 there were nearly 3 miles of roadside stands along the main drag before you got to Gyor. These stands were open 24 hours selling clothing, stuffed animals, fruits, vegetables, pop, garden gnomes, just all kinds of stuff. The stands were frequented by travelers n long haul truckers. Before they cracked down it was also one of the main areas of prostitution n let me tell you it was not subtle. If you stopped n got out of your car you were approached by at least by 3 different women.

Later once the new freeway opened n killed the roadside stands, the girls moved to just outside city limits of Gyor on the main road. In the summer it got pretty interesting, thin material slacks that were more like black panty hoes, very tightly worn. Out n out flashing by lifting there tops as you drove by to get your attention. This was the case outside a lot of the bigger cities in the old eastern block countries we traveled in, in the early days of my travels. Not to mention nightly activities at Micky Ds on the highway to Budapest. There was also a Gypsy woman (Gypsies are looked down on by most Hungarians) that had a group of girls in downtown Gyor who always approached me on the way to Pizza Hut. Sometimes it was like running a gauntlet.


I never cheated on Kathy in any way shape or form. Though being male n not dead I did find it interesting. The single most interesting encounter was while walking to supper. I was approached by an absolute stunner of a woman. Who asked for a cigarette & invited me in the bar to buy her a drink. If ever I was truly tempted that was the time. Quickly though I heard Kathy's warnings in my head, how THINGS would shrivel n die if I did. I quickly gave n lit her cigarette, then almost ran to the restaurant. Besides I had strict rules about dealing with people on the streets in Europe, that was not to at all. To the point of if approached, actually telling one person to get away from me. Never robbed even though quite often I had almost $10,000.00 cash, in my trouser pockets. By keeping strictly to myself n protecting my personal space, I really never had any problems.

About driving around in Hungary. I never learned any of the names of roads or addresses. Once I left the airport in Vienna I just knew where to go. To this day it would all be from memory, which highway east, where to get off. How to get to the middle man & the Raba. I have no idea what the names of any of the roads are, I just know how to get there.

One very strong memory of Hungary is driving through Movar (a town with a really long name that people who live there just call Movar) at night on my way to Gyor. The air was filled with the smell of coal burning to heat homes. The two lane road lit up by street lights. Houses n businesses all right next to the sidewalk, so much so that it seemed everything was crowding the street. Listening to a tape of Enigma as I drove. That first night is my most vivid memory of Hungary, it all had a very 1950s feel to it. The weather in Gyor is very much like the weather here in Michigan.

For more on or from Pez Outlaw

Notes From The Asylum - self explanatory...

The Cereal Box Price Guide Book...




Join me on facebook



https://www.facebook.com/pezoutlaw

twitter

@pezoutlaw