Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pez Outlaw, Pez Corporate Assassins #Netflix #Prime

The Pez Outlaw Movie is on Netflix & Amazon Prime.


Pez Corporate Assassins

In the 2015 Playboy story by jeff maysh about Pez Outlaw someone referred to Pez Corporations actions against me as economic assassination. Considering the overall act, the affects were more than just economic. The full weight of a large international corporation was brought to bare on my entire life. When Pez USA was done I'd lost all my savings n remain $200,000.00 in debt. My reputation was also ruined.

In 1998 I remortgaged my home ($125,000.00) and took out an additional line of credit loan for $125,000.00. I put that borrowed $250,000.00 with another $250,000.00 of earnings in 1998 on the biggest purchase of specifically designed pez dispensers from Pez Corporation I had ever made.
A half million dollars pushed into the middle of the table.

In late 1998 I lost.
Everything I had worked a lifetime for ended.

Pez Corporation duplicated everything

The Case Against Pez Corporation
All actions by Pez Corp against Pez Outlaw were done deliberately n with Malice.
  
The Charges against Pez Corporation
Under Scott McWhinnie's Pez Corporation, the following was done.
Pez Corporation Committed a $250,000.00 Fraud through Breach of implied Contract.
Pez Corporation used a clients ideas to destroy that clients business.
Pez Corporation used there own product to destroy a client.
Pez Corporation sold then devalued there own product to destroy a client.
Pez Corporation initiated a smear campaign against there own product once a client bought that product.
Pez Corporation manipulated the price n value of there own product to destroy a client.
Pez Corporation destroyed a client then used that clients ideas for 2 decades of profit.



C13. Pez Corp, The option is Restitution #pezoutla...



The Pez Color War. 

Scott McWhinnie may have gotten a better retirement package after the Pez Color Wars but I will be in his head till the day he dies.
 
The Pez Color Wars is a 3 to 5 year period (approx end of 1998 to early 2003) where my life as  Pez Outlaw became an open conflict with Pez USA. 

Yes I took on an International Corporation, I still am.

Scott McWhinnie was the guy who ran Pez USA at that time. For years I had been a thorn in Pez USAs back side, just out of reach for them to remove. It was not until I contracted with Pez Austria/Haas for just under 20 exclusive special Pez color variations and approx 8 different Crystal Pez. That Pez USA finally saw there opening. The Pez Color War began when I first received these dispensers and started selling them. Followed by Pez USA reproducing most of them for sale on the NEW Pez USA website. The Pez Color Wars refers to the clash of that product in the collector arena. It was the Holiday Colors, my product vs The Misfits, Scotts product. Approximately 200,000 Pez Dispensers were involved in this conflict on my side alone.

Scott McWhinnie "retired" very very soon after the Pez Color War ended. I mean real soon after.   I've always believed he got squeezed out after the Pez Color War ended. He ordered then had to liquidate a very large amount of Pez (the Misfits). I also hear that Scott McWhinnie has not spoken to anyone in 10 years. Whoa! That's worse than me.

When I bought the Holiday Colors it was my attempt to move on from all the smuggling & intrigue that had built my company. I wanted to put all that behind me n start new with legit product bought from Pez International. Unfortunately Scott McWhinnie was not of a same mind, rather than begin anew by leaving the past behind, he wanted revenge.

By ordering such a large group of Pez dispensers from Pez Austria at a very high price per dispenser. I handed Scott McWhinnie President of Pez USA the opening for the revenge he desperately desired. Like they say, when you seek revenge dig two holes first, because truth be told when all was said & done, we were both dead.

The Holiday Colors project tied up all the cash I had, plus all I could borrow. All Scott McWhinnie at Pez USA had to do was, get samples of my product. Then send them to Pez Austria Haas and place the order to seal my destruction.

By the time the Pez Color War ended, I was broke.  I was allowed to rise as long as it suited various individuals at Pez Corporation. Then destroyed because of envy n greed. My actions wrote the script for Scott McWhinnies revenge.


for more, see Chapter 1. "The Legend Of Pez Outlaw." #pezoutlaw ...

To explain the dollar amount confusion.
$250,000.00 was required to buy old stock n qualify for deal to make Holiday Colors/misfits.
$250,000.00 was the cost of the special order Holiday colors/misfits.
So 1/2 million total but the Breach of Contract was only on the portion that was known as Holiday Colors/misfits, meaning $250,000.00 was the loss.
If you factor in roll over n momentum which was at 4.5 million by that time, the loss was in the MILLIONS.

I'll lay it out in brief.

24 years ago at the age of 44 I began the decade that in a lot of ways will define my life.
It took me 25 years to get to the point in 1994 that I was ready to make my move.
Finally I had scraped together a few thousand dollars to begin my journey.
The next decade flew by at light speed, as I traveled the world buying Pez.
I had finally caught the wave.

Everything was built on the momentum of the previous success.
Flea markets, Good Will stores, Collectibles of every description, McDonalds premiums, cereal premiums and finally Pez.
Every success rolled into the next, all building to the decisions of 1998.


I have real problems with the choices made by Pez Corporation. First Pez Austria agrees to a special order of unique dispensers by me that I paid just under 1/2 million dollars to my broker for in 1998. Then Pez Austria goes back on the agreement by agreeing to duplicate that order. Knowing that the duplicated product will be used to destroy the value of the original pez dispensers they sold me. 

The biggest outrage is, The President of PEZ USA conceived and ruthlessly carried out his plan to reproduced my product with the sole intent of destroying my company. 

Intent is everything. Add to that Malice of Forethought. Pez USA planned this meticulously. 

It would not matter if I were the worst person on planet Earth, that fact would not excuse Pez Corporations actions or there intent by those actions.

Pez USA President Scott McWhinnie's first response to the Holiday Colors/Misfits was to start a rumor that these dispensers were not legitimate dispensers. Pez USA did this through PCN the Pez Collectors News letter. The second thing Pez USA did was to have a collector buy samples of the Holiday colors, so they could be sent to Pez Austria to be copied. Which when you think about it is kinda odd because Pez Austria authorized and made the original dispensers. My guess as to why samples were required is as follows. Pez Austria really disliked Scott McWhinnie so nobody in Europe was going to make anything easy for him. It is also possible that so little regard was given to the choices I made for the Holiday Colors, that no records were kept. My guess is both reasons were factors in why samples were required.


The copies were named the Misfits by Scott McWhinnie, he did all of this in his capacity as President of Pez USA. By the end of Pez USAs smear campaign through PCN, the Pez Corp copies were this shiny good thing and my originals were dubious at best. The name Holiday colors was jettisoned with remarkable speed and replaced with the name of the copies, MISFITS.  The Misfits were the copies. The individual names were; Diablo, Detys, VooDoo Mama, David W, Pinky, Mex-Tex, Jaundice Witch, Bear C, Bear D, Pal S, Pal J and Pal M etc.

Once Pez USA received the Misfits the retail was set at the price I paid wholesale to my broker Andre Zeich. Andre is the person who placed the order through Van Melles of Germany for the Holiday colors from Pez Austria Haas for me and handled all of the shipping arraignments.

I have to admit to you that I do hate Pez Corporation for what they stole from my family. Though to carry that hate every day would destroy me. I believe n hope that my hate of Pez Corporation is a passive emotion.  To be honest I rarely think of it anymore, but down deep it remains.

The Black-Market Smuggling history of Pez
The Black-Market Smuggling history of Pez Collectibles is a rich and storied one. Embrace that history with me. It was fun & exciting. Half the Pez in collections today come from it.

Yes most of what I did traveling and buying Pez dispensers was technically illegal in those countries. I broke a lot of rules if not actual laws. Why do you think I was so secretive about everything? Why do you think I felt safe after 10 years had passed to write Pez Outlaw Diary? Statute of limitations laws, that's why. An awful lot of fact fudging and little lies were used to get things done. Laws n rules were rearranged if you will allow me to put it in a sunny light. Where do you think the whole Pez Outlaw thing comes from, that I adhered to the straight n narrow?

What I did could not have been done by following the law.  I am also well aware of the fact that a couple individuals I did business with in Europe were caught doing similar things n prosecuted. The nitty gritty of it all is that only each individual person I dealt with and myself know these things and only I know the overall picture. Besides it has been well over ten years and I no longer travel or buy pez dispensers. Also any possible evidence is long gone. Funny thing is, it was when I tried going legit, buying legally from Pez Austria in 1998 that things went south. The irony does not escape me.

Did all the money go to Pez corp, sometimes but it was rare. Did some steal the product, yes I believe they did. Most odd color variation in pez collections today did not have corporate approval to be sold. Even the black Santa Pez dispensers were technically stolen as pez corp did not and never would have allowed there release. So technically every pez color variation not mass produced for sale by pez corp is a stolen pez dispenser. As are many rare pez dispensers still sold today. When a guy makes a special Pez dispenser and sells it into the pez hobby it is a stolen item. When someone finds or found a group or boxes of no feet pez dispensers and sells them to pez dealers. Do you think pez corporate sanctioned it, not very likely. One individual high up maybe, but it was not a Haas decision so it was stolen.

Pez corp has always been a funny company. Pez USA was owned by Pez Austria through a drop box for years n may still be. The company itself and many high up people have been doing a lot of dicey things for about 30 years. So many people who operate pez injection molding machines, manage pez injection facilities, run pez warehouses, head pez division or at corp have done hinky things that nobody says anything. Enough people have sold pez dispensers without corporate approval that nobody wanted to legally open that can of worms. Yes some small fish are fired or pursued, but not anyone who knows where the bodies are buried. It is usually handled in different ways. As Scott was handle for becoming to powerful and hacking them off. 


The company itself has done some pretty dicey things. The heck you say. Well for example the original King Louie, Balloo, Mowgli, Dalmation, Pooh, Thumper, Chip, Wyle, Road Runner, Merlin & Dumbo Pez dispensers. The company quit production for America so they stopped paying royalties for the characters. What you may not know is when copyrights are not renewed a brief limited window exists for the remaining production to be sold. Well these Pez dispensers were sold for years in areas east of Austria, and years later I was sold some very fresh inventory of Dumbo and Road Runner Pez dispensers. 


For those of us who bought pez dispensers in this gray complicated world, It's figured we will keep the secrets because if we don't we will be cut off, no more soup for you. By the very nature of what I was doing, it would have been more of a surprise if everybody I dealt with had been upright and honest. 


Some were good honest people, like everybody in Slovenia. When I bought there, payment was made by deposit in the pez corporate account.

You see several factors work against honesty and good behavior. Always cash only cash, so it is a cash business with very few records kept. The huge amounts of cash we are talking about, over the aprox 20 years this has been going on it has to be millions. My contribution in the worldwide black market of pez dispensers alone was in excess of 3/4 Million dollars and depending how you look at it is roughly 2 million dollars. 


S
ignificant portions of any sizable Pez collection were illegally obtained.



Racism

Over half of the worlds population is non white, yet the only Santa Pez Corporation will release is White.
 
Pez Outlaw - SJ Glew, The biggest Pez Dealer in the world for 5 years in the 1990s. Spent more than 2 million dollars buying over 2 million Pez dispensers. Made over 70 trips to Europe buying Pez, paying bribes and smuggling Pez dispensers. Pez Outlaw had a very big impact on an entire line of Pez Corporate product causing the Pez Color War.  Over 20 Pez Dispensers were produced in direct result of Pez Outlaw activities by Pez Corporation. Distribution procedures in place for decades were altered because of Pez Outlaw Activities. Author of Pez Outlaw Diary. pezoutlaw.com
1st one
The Black Santa Pez Dispenser was rejected By Pez Corporation because of racial prejudice. Some of this was Austrian Pez Corporate Racism, some was an interpretation of perceived racism by Pez Austria about the USA. So Black Santa was deemed to offensive by Pez Corporation as a whole.

Black Santa is probably the most historic Pez Dispenser ever made by Pez without corporate approval. Reason being Pez Corporation was scared to death of him. Black Santa was very taboo, way to controversial to exist or do as a Pez Dispenser. For these historical reasons I believe my Black Santas are the rarest & most desirable Pez that exist. There were 3 different versions of my Black Santas. I know the politically correct answer to rarest is Make-A-Face. I disagree. Black Santa is rarest Pez as it was never meant to exist. Like Bubble boy, it was an in house rejection. Unlike Bubble Boy he was never mass produced. Make-A-Face was mass produced. Even Owl MMM was produced in larger numbers than Black Santa. 

 


The picture below is a drawing of the image used on the top of chocolate pez display boxes in Hungary in the early 1990s.
I sold all the actual header cards for this image. Mary Anne Kennedy has one of them for sure. I think John Devlin has one. This is the image created by an artist for the pins I had made to commemorate Pez Corporations Bigotry.

Like I said the above image of COKO PEZ an African caricature on the box for chocolate pez candy was ok, but a black Santa Pez dispensers was to controversial. I believe the rational was African caricature as mascot for chocolate Pez ok, but a black person as an icon no way.

In the early 1990s the Coko Pez image was absolutely considered acceptable by Pez Europe for Eastern Europe.
 
Sexism 


Below is an Actual 1970 Pez advertisement.








Pez Outlaw - SJ Glew, The biggest Pez Dealer in the world for 5 years in the 1990s. Spent more than 2 million dollars buying over 2 million Pez dispensers. Made over 70 trips to Europe buying Pez, paying bribes and smuggling Pez dispensers. Pez Outlaw had a very big impact on an entire line of Pez Corporate product causing the Pez Color War.  Over 20 Pez Dispensers were produced in direct result of Pez Outlaw activities by Pez Corporation. Distribution procedures in place for decades were altered because of Pez Outlaw Activities. Author of Pez Outlaw Diary. pezoutlaw.com
The Sex. Actual 1970 Pez advertisement
Only Pez Corporation would approve an
idea to sell Donald Duck Pez with
BOOBs.
Pez Corporation Here Are A Couple Ideas For Free.

In my dream last night there was a clear Pez shell. It was like you took a Pez dispenser and used it in a vacu-form using a clear plastic sheet to create a second skin. The end product is just the clear plastic second skin of a Pez dispenser.  A solid shell replica that I suppose could have 2 packs of pez candy in it. In my dream I was very impressed by the item. Just wanted to share an actual dream I had last night. 

Not from a dream, but no-brainers.  Empire State Building Pez Dispenser. The head would be top of building, stem well the building itself. Two versions one just the building second with a big gorilla. Next Eiffel Tower, Space Needle, Statue of Liberty etc. These obviously at a minimum would be big sellers in gift shops at there particular place.

Pez Idea #1. 
Pez Pops

Create a very small pez type dispenser out of 1 pack of pez candy with a character shaped sucker head that fits on one end of the pack of pez candy, "Pez Pops". Face it, pez dispensers were only created after the fact, to boost candy sales. With this idea you can free yourself at last from the burden of creating something that you only think after 50 years you must do. My guess is you actually make no actual profit on the pez dispenser itself. That the pez dispenser has become like the packaging a cost of bringing your true product Pez candy to market. After all Haas is a confectioary company.


Packs of pez candy by themselves have never sold well so pez dispensers were created to help sell the candy. Well if you put a lolli pop shaped like a cartoon character on one end of the pack of pez candy as a homage to your own product, I believe you could eliminate pez dispensers for approximately half of your candy sales. Cost savings would be huge, as each pez dispenser created runs probably .35 cents & you probably make no money on pez dispensers anyway. As opposed to a sucker heads cost of say .03 cents. You could even subcontract out the production of these sucker character heads.


With this new line of product you could remove at least two sales obstacles. Product placement & Price point. With this smaller product line it would be no problem creating pez packaging that gets you on the coveted candy bar & life saver shelves in checkout areas of stores. On price point, lets face it current pricing of Pez dispensers & candy are hurting sales. Eliminating pez dispensers for this new line of product could get retail of this new line down to about .25 cents.


I understand packs of candy by themselves have very low appeal, which is why you created pez dispensers. I believe the same objective can be reached at a fraction of the cost by simply putting the head in candy form directly on the pack of pez candy. These candy heads could be made out of Lolli Pop candy, little Chocolate heads, Gum shaped heads, Red hot Jaw Breaker heads, Sweet tart heads & even lickerish heads all mounted on one end of the pack of pez candy. Cheaply priced, Good product placement probability & No plastic at all. Talk about going green.


The real beauty of this idea is that you could eliminate most of the costly Pez dispenser injection molding facilities you are currently running down to say just the one in Austria. You could maintain a specialty line of Pez dispensers with candy from the facilities in Austria. While shifting the majority of pez candy sales to this new line. Think of it, eliminating 50% to 70% of plastic cost, cost of the number of pez molds you would need to create & maintain and expensive travel time to the four corners of the Earth working on production of pez dispensers that you probably only break even on. Not to mention the fact that each confectionery facility that produces Pez candy could actually contract out in country for the various candy heads required.


You could test market this new pez product line in the US & Hungary to get a feel for its potential. In Hungary I bet you Robby would know exactly how to flesh this idea out & run with it. By test marketing in the US & Hungary you would get a pretty good idea what global response to this new pez product line would be. Providing an indicator of how far to actually take it. You were half way there with the mini pez dispensers & actually it gives imput on acceptability of smaller Pez product.


Even if this idea caught on like a house afire, I would maintain a specialty line of plastic pez dispensers with candy as an upscale line for your product. If global pez sales hopes/requirements/projections could be met with the new line (Pez Pops), this line could carry the majority cost of operations & global profits. Remember cost of product & operations would now be reduced by approximately 50%. Leaving the line of what would now be the specialty line Pez dispensers with candy as pure gravy.


As the new line, pez candy packs with heads or Pez Pops are now in the checkout area of stores. Pez Pops would be the perfect impulse item located in the impulse item shopping area, priced at the perfect impulse item price. If at all possible .25 cents is the ideal retail target price for Pez Pops. Mom is sure to let little Jimmy or Susy have a Pez Pop if it only costs a Quarter. As a quarter is the new nickel. Product placement of Pez Pops now accomplished through packaging size, the pez specialty lines location in the store is no longer a burden on sales. Now days Pez dispenser location in stores is killing sales as is the price point. Though if Pez Pops are carrying sales & finding a home in checkout this is no longer a burden.


The cost of pez dispenser with candy that is killing you now at $1.00 to $2.00 could be increased to $2.50 to $3.50 no problem. Just increase package size along with the number of refills & poor location of principal pez product line is no longer a burden on sales. As this item is no longer the workhorse, Pez Pops are. So being located in the toy area actually becomes an asset. Where else would a specialty line be & at $2.50 it is one of the cheaper items here. Remember though you can not turn this liability into an asset without Pez Pops carrying the bulk of sales. Making something old new again requires Pez Pops to shine a light on just how special it truly is. You can't have one without the other, they absolutely require each other for success. You can't have a premium line of product without a basic line of product. The presence of one elevates the other. Also remember Pez Pop heads can be made out of Sucker candy, Chocolate, Jaw Breaker candy, Red Hot candy (for special characters like Tasmanian Devil & Yosemite Sam), Liquorish candy & Sweet Tart candy.


My further guess is Pez Pop Heads could also be made out of & in all of the flavors you currently make pez candy tabs in. By using the same compression process you use for pez candy tabs, I bet you could make the heads out of your own pez candy. The compression strike made when creating cavity in head used for mounting head on pack of candy. Here again I think Robby who runs the pez confectionery facility in Hungary could be most useful.


  
Pez Idea #2. For generic Pez dispensers run random color variations. As in when a hopper gets low just dump a bucket of another color in. Allow the change from color to color, these will truly be one of a kind Pez dispensers. Stop recycling purges, assemble & include them. Randomly insert all these Pez dispensers, again creating chase pieces. Stop worrying about what pez dealers sell these & other Pez dispensers for. As pez dealers bust there hump for you, this is there pay. Besides they usually spend most of it back with you on more Pez dispensers. You see those big sales are the high. Pez dealers are like addicts, they want to feel it again & the only way they can is by buying more Pez dispensers from you. Also nobody hypes Pez more than a dealer trying for his next big Pez sale.


Pez Idea #3.
Pez stems should be shortened by 1 or 2 bricks. Partly because it would cumulatively save a huge amount of money for the corporation. Secondly it would make everything before it a new bracket of collectible, no feet Golden Age Pez, feet long stem Silver Age Pez, feet shorter stem Modern Age Pez & mini pez. Instantly Pez dispensers currently in warehouses around the world would be collectible. 


I'd also like to remind Pez Corp if you change the pez stem in a significant way Old Pez Dealers & New Pez Dealers would pounce on all existing pez dispenser inventory that remains from the Silver Age.


For more on or from Pez Outlaw

Notes From The Asylum - self explanatory...

The Cereal Box Price Guide Book...




Join me on facebook



https://www.facebook.com/pezoutlaw

twitter

@pezoutlaw